(San Diego, CA) It was a banner day for the Mt. SAC Men's Track & Field Team as they took home 13 of 20 first-place finishes in the annual Arnie Robinson Invitational at San Diego Mesa College Saturday April 6.
The Mounties won nine of 12 running events and four of eight field events. That included two 1st Place finishes by Dylan Atencio in the 110 Meter Hurdles (15.05) and 400 Hurdles (52.66) respectively. Six Mounties finished in the top ten in the 400M Hurdles.
Daniel Stokes won the 100 M Dash (10.71), which included five Mounties in the first ten. Stokes also ran the first leg of both the winning 4 X 100M (40.95) and 4 X 400M Relays (3:20). Also part of the 4 X 100 team was Deondre Spruill, Arturo Deliser and Gaston Bouchereau. On the 4 X 400 relay team was also Bailey Kaopuiki, Bouchereau and Max Petrosian.
Bouchereau also finished first in the 200M and was a part of the two relays.
In the four grueling long distance races, which are the Mounties specialty, Joseph Centeno and Joseph Torres won the 5,000M (15:41.81) and 10,000M (34:47.10) runs respectively, while Chris Weiland was just over a second out of first place in the 800M with a time of 1:57.98.
Five Mounties finished in the top ten in the 1,500M with Ralph Mendoza finishing the highest at fifth with a 4:09.55.
The 5,000M saw twelve runners entered, nine of which were Mounties and Trelani Waters won the 3000M Steeplechase (9:37.89).
In both the Long Jump and the Triple Jump Mt. SAC placed five in the top ten positions and in seven of the eight events the Mounties placed second.
On Saturday April 14, the Mounties will compete in the Rafer Johnson/Jackie Joyner-Kersee Invite at UCLA.
Other Mt. SAC top finishers:
- 100M 2nd – Bouchereau (10.71)
- 200M 6th – Petrosian (22.46)
- 400M 11th - Kendall Turner, Jr. (51.87), 12th – Felix Alfaro (51.93)
- 800M 3rd – Mendoza (2:01.11)
- 1500M 6th – Manuel Fernandez (4:09.57)
- 5000M 2nd – Benjamin Gonzalez (16:03.70)
- 110M Hurdles 4th – Justin Minor (15.82)
- 400M Hurdles 2nd – Gianni Lyons-Wilson (55.93)
- 3000M Steeple 2nd - Colby Penn (9:40.40)
- High Jump 4th – Timothy Sloan (1.85 M)
- Pole Vault 2nd - Aleksandris Eglitis (4.60 M), 3rd – Jarod Kerr (4.50 M)
- Long Jump 2nd – Brandon McLaurin (6.90 M)
- Triple Jump 2nd – McLaurin (15.04 M)
- Shot Put 2nd – Bodie (14.05 M), 3rd – Julian Ortega (13.58 M)
- Discus 2nd – Potts (47.95 M), 3rd – James Valenzuela (42.96 M)
- Hammer 2nd - Ortega (51.74 M), 4th – Aaron Guerra (48.44 M)
- Javelin 2nd – Hector Sanchez (49.62 M)
Follow Mt. SAC Track and Feld on twitter @MtSAC_T&F
For additional information, please contact the Mt. SAC Sports Information Office at 909.274.4630.